Private school, Home school, or Virtual school Pre-Registration Process Required Before Applying to a Program of Choice
- Please note that parents must pre-register online at the St. Johns County School District website for the 2023 school year and complete the application for a Program of Choice/Academy at that time. All documentation that is required for enrolling must be uploaded by the parent before the pre-registration will be considered complete.
- What records do I need for pre-registration?
This document describes the procedures for enrollment in St Johns County:
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Immunization
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Proof of Guardianship (if applicable)
- Physical/Health Exam (dated within 12 months of the student’s enrollment date – can be from out of state) that meets the Florida Department of Health Requirements.
- Sports physicals will not be accepted for first time enrollment physical/health examination.
- Although a specific form is not required, you may choose to use the recommended School Entry Health Exam Form (DH3040)
- Social Security number (optional)
- Academic records are not required for pre-registration. However, per procedure, you will be required to bring them before school begins in August 2023.
- Who is eligible to pre-register as a student and complete the Program of Choice Application?
- Student must be living in St Johns County
- Current 8th & 9th grade students who wish to apply to a High School Program of Choice in 2023-24
- Current 5th grade students who wish to apply to the Murray Middle School Center for the Arts in 2023-24
- What is the deadline for pre-registering?
Pre-registration may be completed between January 5, 2023, 8:00 am – January 31, 2023, 5:00 pm.
- Are there additional requirements before being accepted?
- IB and AICE: Applicants will be contacted after applying to provide additional academic information to prove academic eligibility for these programs.
- St. Johns County Center for the Arts at St. Augustine High: Applicants must audition on Mon., Jan. 21, 2023
- St. Johns County Center for the Arts at R. J. Murray Middle School: Applicants must audition on Mon., Jan. 21, 2023
- Career Academies and JROTC: There are no additional eligibility criteria. Applicants are entered into a general lottery and will be placed into the programs per lottery results and availability.