Academy of Architectural and Building Sciences
This academy focuses on providing skills and experience necessary to attain entry-level jobs in Architectural Drafting or Building Construction Technology. Students may choose a technical path leading to an apprenticeship or a professional path toward a certificate, two year or four year college degree.
Architectural Drafting students have the opportunity to earn national industry certifications in Autodesk AutoCAD User, Revit, and Inventor. Building Sciences students have the opportunity to earn national industry certification in OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration. All academy students have the opportunity to qualify for Bright Futures and Gold Seal Scholarships.
Benefits of joining this academy include:
- Hands-on technical training in a related field of interest
- Opportunity for national industry certifications
- Academics taught in relation to the construction industry
- Teamwork to accomplish career and academic goals
- Opportunity for dual enrollment and internships
The Academy of Architectural and Building Sciences at Pedro Menendez High School will provide engaging and relevant curriculum in a supportive environment. Through applied learning students will develop confidence, acquire real world skills, and become productive members of society.